Friday, February 18, 2022

Rough Start

Finally. We decided on a genre. Dum roll please..... Coming of Age. Yes, we decided on a coming of age, with a twist of your typical Teen Drama movie. 

Yea no scratch that. We aren't doing that anymore. 

So after a good 30 minutes of brainstorming, my partner and I decided to not go through our original story. We originally wanted to do a film relating to late 90s early 2000s, but after some research and multiple films like Clueless, Princess Diaries, and  Mean Girls, my partner and I observed that most had to do with a get ready, going to school type of vibe, and from previous knowledge we know that those films opening can get basic and is not a unique idea. So even though it was a really hard decision because we both love that era and all that goes with that era, we decided to start from scratch and think of something more original. However, here's a link of our original idea and our brainstorming:

Our OG plan that didn't go through

Even though we were both upset about this, we know that it's the best decision to our project. After more brainstorming we decided to go to a more Drama genre type of route. So, what we thought of is this girl and her love for track, that's her escape. It's girl that has a lot of problems in her personal life but when it comes to track, she has no problems with it, she finds comfort in it. So in our opening we would show her running in the track, and we will insert flashback scenes of her personal problems like fighting with parents, school grades, and things like that. However, I want some type of relationship in this film, maybe the inclusion of a friend.

We aren't really sure yet, but at least it's a start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

goodbye for now (ccr)

The day has come. I thank you for following me along on this journey, and I promise to come back. I present you my Creative Critical Reflect...