Sunday, February 20, 2022

feeling exhausted but determined

A three syllable word would define my current state. Yes. I am exhausted. There has been a lot going on recently and I've just been feeling pretty drained. School has been weighing me down lately, but I just really have to keep going. Everyone says junior year is hard, but I don't think you truly know how hard it is until you live through it. 

Besides the point, I've been trying to come up with some idea for my Film Opening project, but my mind has gone blank. I can't think of anything. Every time I try and truly think of a unique idea, like the 2000s idea I had a few days ago (which is in my previous blog post), I feel like it won't turn out the way I want, or it will look basic. But I have been going through some previous student film opening projects, as well as researching some film opening to get some inspiration.

Since I don't have a definitive genre yet, the film openings that I have researched have been pretty broad. One being the opening scene for Midnight in Paris. Yes, this is bias (that is one of my favorite movies) butttt, it's the effort that counts.

I've always loved the idea of Paris, and I love everything about it. The weather, the language, the food. Absolutely everything. That is why I studied French for four years, and hope to live there at least at one point of my life. However, talking more about the opening, this film opening is truly beautiful. It is so aesthetically made, and with the mixture of the music, it adds so much more to the visuals.

Here is the link to the film opening: Midnight in Paris Film Opening

Some visuals from the film opening: 






This film opening is so simple yet so beautiful. It is multiple still shots of the city of Paris throughout the day. Different lighting, colors, and angles are seen in every shot. A beautiful song is played in the background to enhance that French aesthetic and feeling. And, once seen the movie, one can truly say that the opening really captures the idea of the movie. It being the idea of the typical romanticized city of Paris (without including the part that the main characters travels back to the 20s every night when it hits midnight, but you would have to see the movie to find that out :), and meet some very iconic people).

I love this film opening so much, and is definitely on top of my list for my own film opening creation.

Ok well enough ranting about wanting to live in Paris, I've got some SAT studying to do. byeeee


No comments:

Post a Comment

goodbye for now (ccr)

The day has come. I thank you for following me along on this journey, and I promise to come back. I present you my Creative Critical Reflect...